Please complete the form below to learn more about the Master of Science in Educational Leadership program and an admission counselor will contact you shortly.
The value of a learning community model
The educational leadership program is delivered through a learning community. Participants meet together one weekend a month over a twenty month period. Interacting with a group of peers at periodic intervals provides students time and space to examine issues thoughtfully and collaboratively – creating a community of learning that’s self-sustaining. Each cohort is co-facilitated by two instructors who follow the program through its entirety.
Coursework - master degree or licensure only
The comprehensive coursework in the educational leadership program covers a variety of relevant, theoretical and applied topics impacting P-12 education. Students completing the graduate program in education are required to complete a research project.
The 30-credit program consist of the core courses, electives and required courses:
- Core Courses
- EDU613: Educational Leadership Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- EDU685: Designs of Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
- EDU686: Continuous Improvement in Education (3 credits)
- EDU687: Educational Law (3 credits)
- EDU688: Resource Allocation and Budget Deployment (3 credits)
- EDU667: Instructional Supervision Seminar (2 credits)
- EDU668: School Leadership Practicum I (1 credits)
- EDU669: School Leadership Practicum II (1 credits)
- EDU670: School Leadership Practicum III (2 credits)
- Research Courses*
- EDU607: Introduction to Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU609: Research Seminar I (3 credits)
- EDU616: Research Seminar II (3 credits)
- *Required for Master degree-seeking students.
2019–20 Meeting Dates
Saturday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.; Sunday: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- September 7–8, 2019
- October 5–6, 2019
- November 2–3, 2019
- December 7–8, 2019
- February 1–2, 2020
- March 7–8, 2020
- April 4–5, 2020
- May 2–3, 2020
Contact us for more information about this Graduate Education program, our Admission process, or for any other question you may have.