The Student Health Center is located in the Center For Student Life and Wellness at 304 N. East Avenue.
Carroll’s Student Health Services offers convenient, affordable and professional health care right on campus. Our Health Center is staffed by board-certified nurse practitioners and a certified medical assistant. Our goal is to educate and involve students in making informed decisions that lead to healthy outcomes.
For COVID-19 updates and testing information, click here.
The board certified nurse practitioners (NPs) are able to:
- Treat students for minor illnesses and injuries
- Run rapid tests to diagnose COVID-19, strep throat, mono, influenza, urinary tract infections, etc.
- Order routine blood tests and lab tests through ProHealth lab to monitor chronic conditions and medications
- Write prescriptions after examining patients, if indicated
- Perform annual physical exams, sports physicals, and pap smears
- Contraceptive counseling and prescriptions
- Administer vaccines, drug screens, sickle cell blood tests, immune titers, and TB skin tests
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening/testing and treatment
- Complete Cross Cultural Experience (CCE) Medical Health Statements and provide some travel vaccines and prescriptions
- Examine students that have been sexually assaulted and offer STI testing to victims free of charge. *Please note that Carroll University NPs are confidential reporters but are not SANE nurses (sexual assault nurse examiner) and cannot provide a forensic exam to victims of assault.
ALL VISITS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We are not allowing any walk-ins except for in an emergency.
- To schedule an appointment, students can schedule online in the patient portal, or call 262-524-7233.
- If you are ill with any COVID symptoms, we will do a rapid COVID test as part of your evaluation, and you will need to use the back entrance.
- Within an hour of your appointment, before you come to the Health Center, check-in from your phone or laptop by logging into the Medicat patient portal, scrolling down to the upcoming appointments and clicking the blue check-in button to fill out the forms (this can only be done within an hour of your appointment).
If the reason for your visit isn't listed, you have an urgent concern, or the online slots are full, you can call 262-524-7233 to schedule an appointment.
Regular Academic Year Hours
Monday - Thursday 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm
Friday 9am-1pm and 1:30pm-4:30pm
Student Health Services is open August through May, with limited hours in June and July.
If you are ill outside of Health Center hours, please see below under important information for a list of local clinics.
In an emergency, please call 911 or Public Safety at 262-524-7300. If you need a ride to a local clinic or the ProHealth Care Waukesha Memorial Hospital ER, the Public Safety shuttle will take you if you specify it is for a medical reason. If you are ill with COVID symptoms, please notify dispatch when you call and wear a face covering or mask.
All charges will be billed to the student account and can be paid in the Business Office or by using Carroll Cash. The only exception is that for students enrolled in the WPS student insurance plan offered through Carroll University, the insurance company will be billed directly and covered charges will not be applied to the student account. Students who are insured under their own or a parent’s health insurance plan will receive a receipt for health services that they can submit to their private insurance to request reimbursement.
All lab tests and vaccines are charged according to our cost. The prices for prescription medicines vary. Some prescription medications are available on campus, while other prescriptions can only be filled at a local pharmacy.