The Carroll University Alumni Council is the representative body of the alumni community. Alumni are defined as any former students who have graduated from Carroll University or who have completed a minimum of two consecutive full-time semesters.
The Alumni Council is an important resource for the Carroll University alumni community. It supports the mission, goals, and strategic direction of the University, represents the voice of alumni in the alumni engagement planning process, and serves in an active capacity to support the Office of Alumni Engagement and the Division of Institutional Advancement. Responsibilities of the Alumni Council include:
The Alumni Council is comprised of alumni from various backgrounds, class years, identities, work experiences, geographical locations, etc. Its mission is to broadly represent the voices of the 23,000+ alumni across the globe.
- Inform, involve, and serve the alumni community throughout their lifelong relationship with the University
- Serve as an ambassador for Carroll University, working to increase the university’s visibility and reputation among alumni and the wider community
- Create, continuously update, and execute an Alumni Council Strategic Plan to provide direction in alumni engagement strategies
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas between alumni and Carroll University
- Attend and participate in Alumni Council meetings throughout the year
- Participate in and promote alumni events and programs sponsored by the Division of Institutional Advancement
- Select Distinguished Alumni Award and Graduate of the Last Decade Award recipients each year
- Actively serve on Alumni Council sub-committees and ad-hoc working groups to implement alumni engagement initiatives and programs
- Interview and select Student Alumni Ambassadors each year
- Promote fundraising initiatives by seeking sponsors or funding sources
- Tanya Atkinson '93
- Niquanna (Walls) Barnett '00
- Symone (Russell) Baldwin '16
- Lucas Bennewitz ’12
- Abbie Bottom '16, MBA '18
- Ciara Czajkowski '12
- Lauren Dove '20
- John Harrits ’76
- Monica Ibarra '08
- Sarah Jensen ’14, M.Ed. '18
- Allan Katama ’00
- Barb King ’87
- Ann Laatsch ’88, Chair
- Griselda Macias ’08
- Kate Peterson '12
- Nate Schwarzbach '12
- Gaylene (Blau) Stingl ’90
- Gregg Wandsneider ’08
- Jo Ann Warren '74
- Dick Whittow ’76
- Kevin Wilkes ’12
The Alumni Council seeks engaged, passionate, and committed alumni who are interested in serving in this very important capacity to support the mission of Carroll University and Institutional Advancement. One of the goals of the council is to encompass the 23,000+ alumni community by recruiting a diverse range of alumni from various backgrounds including but not limited to: class years, geographical location, race, gender, ability, work experiences, etc. An all-inclusive representation on the Alumni Council is critical to the mission and success of its work.
It is expected that all Alumni Council members will:
The application period is from April 15 - May 15, 2023. Interested applicants should submit the following to the Office of Alumni Engagement at email@example.com on or before May 15, 2023:
- Attend all meetings (6 per year, not including committee meetings)
- Attend at least one alumni event per year
- Share Carroll events and news with alumni peers – spread the word!
- Make an annual gift to Carroll (Of any size - All gifts matter and make a difference!)
- Share honest feedback as the group evaluates programs, events and methods in order to continually try to engage alumni in the best ways possible
- Serve on Reunion Committees when applicable
- Serve on at least one Alumni Council Committee (Executive, Distinguished Alumni Awards, Philanthropic Initiatives, Young Alumni, Student Engagement)
Letter of interest that addresses the following:
- Name, Graduation Year(s), Major(s)/Minor(s) at Carroll
- What is your brief biographical history since you left Carroll? Please include professional and/or personal experiences as you deem appropriate.
- What has been your involvement with Carroll since your graduation? (i.e. Attended events Volunteered on campus? Provided internship to student? Referred prospective student to Carroll? Spoke in a classroom? Etc.)
- Why do you want to serve on the Alumni Council? Please expand how this experience might be meaningful for you.
- What is an idea to increase alumni engagement you want the Alumni Council to explore?
Thank you for your interest and commitment to Carroll! The Alumni Council will follow up with all interested applicants.