International Students Accepted to Carroll

Congratulations on your acceptance, #FuturePioneer! Carroll University is proud to welcome students from all over the world every year. Whether you plan to be with us for four months, four years, or somewhere in between—we are confident that you will find your home away from home at Carroll University.

Getting Your F-1 Student Visa

Before you begin the visa application process, you must have the following documents:

  1. Form I-20 (Sent to you in the mail from Carroll University after you have been admitted.)
    Your I-20 document is required when applying for an F-1 student visa at an American Embassy or Consulate and for entry into the United States. This I-20 has been produced by the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and is an acknowledgement that your record is in the SEVIS system. The form includes your SEVIS ID number, which is the number in the upper right hand corner above the bar code (usually starts with an N). As you continue your experience at Carroll, you will be reporting status maintenance (through the Office of Global Education) to SEVIS.
  2. SEVIS Fee Receipt
    All new students coming in F-1 status must pay a $350 SEVIS fee prior to applying for your visa. Please review the SEVIS Fee Payment Information page for more information.
  3. Additional I-20 Forms
    If you have family members traveling with you in F-2 status, Carroll will mail an I-20 for their use. Each F-2 dependent should have his or her own I-20 form. Each F-2 dependent I-20 is issued their own SEVIS number but an additional SEVIS fee does not need to be paid.
Applying for Your Visa
Special Notes
Consulate Questions, Visa Delays or Denials
Panoramic View of campus