SEVIS Fee Payment Information | Accepted International Students
All new F-1 Students using an I-20 must pay an I-901 SEVIS fee prior to applying for a U.S. visa. F-2 dependents do not have to pay the SEVIS fee. The best place to find answers to your questions on paying the I-901 SEVIS fee is on the Study in the States I-901 SEVIS Fee Payment Tutorial. Information below is provided to answer commonly asked questions.
When should you pay the I-901 SEVIS fee?
The I-901 SEVIS fee must be paid at least three days prior to submitting the application for a U.S. visa. Canadian citizens, who are exempt from the visa requirement, must pay the SEVIS fee at least three days prior to applying for admission to the U.S. at a U.S. port of entry.
How do you pay the SEVIS fee?
To pay the I-901 SEVIS fee, please visit www.fmjfee.com. Select "Submit Form I-901 and Fee Payment." Be certain that your name appears exactly as it appears on the I-20 form. Third party payment (parent/sponsor) is permitted.
Citizens of Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, and Gambia
Payment of the SEVIS fee must be done by money order, Western Union Quick Pay (click for instructions), or certified check drawn from a U.S. bank.
All other countries
You may pay the SEVIS fee with a credit card through an internet connection or by mail in the form of a check or money order to DHS.
The SEVIS ID# is the number which begins with N000 located in the upper right hand corner of the I-20 form.
You will also be asked to provide Carroll University's school code. The school code is listed in the last box under #2, on the right side of the page, near the middle. THE SCHOOL CODE VARIES BASED ON YOUR PROGRAM:
- School code for Undergraduate, Intensive English Language Program (IELP), Exchange, and CU International Semester students: CHI214F20249000
- School code for Graduate students: CHI214F20249001
On the second screen you will provide the payment information.
- If you pay by credit card, you will immediately receive a receipt of the payment. Print out the receipt (the print button is at the bottom of the receipt page).
- If you are paying by mail, you will print out the I-901 form and send it to the address indicated with a check or money order in US dollar for $200.
- The receipt is proof you have paid the fee. You will need to present the fee receipt with your application for a visa. (Canadians will need to present the fee receipt at the U.S. port of entry).
Printing Your SEVIS Fee Receipt
- Go to fmjfee.com and select "Check I-901 Status/Print Payment Confirmation" on the side panel of the screen.
- You will see Check I–901 Status/Print Payment Confirmation page. Enter your SEVIS Identification Number, your last name and date of birth exactly as they appear on your Form I–20 or Form DS–2019 and click "Check I–901 Status/Print Payment Confirmation" to proceed.
- You will arrive at the I–901 Transaction Details page, which will provide information about the date SEVP received your payment, the corresponding SEVIS ID, the status of your payment and your transaction. Click "View" to see the transaction details.
- Select "Print Payment Confirmation" at the bottom of the page.