Yersin Business Scholar Award for Transfer Students
Spring 2024 Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
The Yersin Business Scholar Award is a prestigious award, providing additional scholarship funds to qualified students. Selection for this award is based on demonstrated academic promise in the field of business. The scholarship is endowed by William (Bill) Yersin ’63, an active alum and retired US Air Force Lt. Colonel.
Amount of Scholarship
The recipients of the Yersin Business Scholar Award will receive a scholarship benefit each year for four years. The amount of this scholarship will range from $1,000 - $5,000 each year, based on the applicant’s qualifications. The recipient will be eligible for additional Carroll scholarships or grants.
Conditions of Eligibility
- The applicant must be a transfer or nontraditional student who has been accepted to Carroll University as a full-time student for the fall 2023 term, with a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher for all previous post-secondary work.
- The applicant must intend to pursue a degree in one of the following approved business majors: accounting, business administration, business economics, finance, health care administration, management and leadership or marketing.
- The recipient of the Yersin Business Scholar Award must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all accredited courses.
- The recipient must actively participate in School of Business activities and/or organizations, as well as other non-business curricular or extra-curricular activities and/or organizations.
Conditions of Competition for Transfer and Nontraditional Applicants
- Application Deadline for Spring 2024 students - all application materials must be received on or before December 1, 2023.
- The applicant must possess an outstanding academic record and show strong potential for the same high achievement at the college level. Extracurricular activities and leadership experiences will also be considered.
- Interview Date - scholarship finalists will be selected by the scholarship committee for a mandatory on-campus interview. Interviews will be held on Friday, December 15, 2023. Finalists must be in attendance on the interview date to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients will be selected by the Scholarship Selection Committee after careful review of the credentials of all candidates.
Scholarship Opportunities and Benefits
As a recipient of this award, you will have the following opportunities available to you:
- Internships at top companies in the Waukesha and Milwaukee areas.
- Participation in Enactus, a business-focused student organization, among other campus activities and organizations.
- Opportunity to complete your undergraduate degree and a Master of Business Administration in five years.
- Access to well respected and knowledgeable faculty.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 1.800.CARROLL
with questions regarding the scholarship.