Study Abroad Cross-Cultural Experience

Frequently Asked Questions

When can I study abroad?

Students who have earned at least 16 credits at Carroll are eligible to study abroad.

Do I need to know a foreign language in order to study abroad?

No. Carroll University offers a variety of exchange and affiliate programs where classes are taught in English. In some cases, students are expected to take a class in the language of the country while they are abroad.

Can all majors study abroad?

Yes. With early, careful planning, students can fit study abroad into their plans. Year, semester, summer and short-term programs are available to accommodate all majors.  Students can earn Carroll credit while maintaining normal progress toward graduation.

Can I study abroad without delaying my graduation?

Absolutely. Students will work with the Cross Cultural Experience Office, their academic advisers and the Registrar’s Office to determine which courses are best to take and how they will return to Carroll. Many times, students are able to transfer back credits for their major, minor and/or general education requirements as well as elective credits that help a student progress towards graduation.

What if I want to go somewhere that is not offered through Carroll?

No problem. Students may study abroad on non-Carroll programs with prior approval.

Ready for Your Own Adventure? Apply to Carroll

Panoramic View of campus