Student Nurse Association | Nursing Program
Carroll University Student Nurse Association Mission is formulated from the National Student Nurse Association constitution preamble.
- We, students of nursing, believe there is a common need to organize, to represent ourselves to the consumer and other health disciplines, and to assume our rightful place in the profession of nursing.
- We believe every citizen has a right to the highest quality of care.
- We believe in the development of the whole person toward his/her professional role with its rights, responsibilities, and ideals.
- We believe every right bears inherent responsibility.
- We believe are participative, not purely philosophical or ideological, and...
- We believe the quality and quantity of participation are not exclusive, but bear the responsibility of participation.
Students have a right to a sound education:
- a right to and a responsibility for having a creative education opportunity;
- a right to and a responsibility for having the highest quality practitioner-teacher;
- a right to and a responsibility for achieving input into curriculum planning;
- a right to and a responsibility for equal participation in all areas of clinical practice;
- a right to and a responsibility for participating in interdisciplinary activities;
Student have a right to due process:
- a right and a responsibility for ensuring peer review and self evaluation
Students have all the rights and privileges of internal governance.
Students have a right and a responsibility to organize and participate in an organization directed toward achieving professional goals:
- a right to and a responsibility for facilitating change in health care delivery through various channels
- a right and a responsibility for assembling and exploring fundamental and current professional issues and concerns
A right to and a responsibility for organizing a flexible structure to encompass and represent the diversities within nursing and representative of the fundamental and current professional issues and concerns;
- a right to and a responsibility for fostering a better correlation between nursing education and practice
Students have the responsibility to abide by the policy and procedures of the college and the nursing program, and by the Carroll University Compact.