Other Local Libraries
Can't find a resource you need at the Carroll University Library? Maybe another Wisconsin library has what you need!
- WorldCat to search all U.S. and some International holdings.
- BadgerLink to access additional databases provided by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Libraries within driving distance of Carroll
Other Wisconsin Libraries
Want to check out books from other local libraries?
If you live in Waukesha (even on campus) you can get a card from the Waukesha Public Library. Please take a look at their policies for more information.
Many research libraries allow patrons to purchase a library card for checking out materials (Carroll does this with our Community Borrower card). Here are a few that make this privilege available:
- UW-Milwaukee: Friends of the Golda Meir Library membership
- $50 for individuals for 12 months.
- Receive invitations to all Friends and Library-sponsored programs, events, and lectures.
- Borrow books, CDs, DVDs.
- On-site use of Libraries resources.
- Marquette: WAICU Faculty Access
- Raynor Memorial Libraries allows on-site library access for WAICU member institution's current regular faculty (includes Carroll).
- Their on-site access include both print and electronic resources.
- Upon arrival at the library, faculty will be required to present institution and photo ID. Access Services staff will confirm faculty status and issue the faculty member a guest logon and password that permits access to electronic resources. This access does not include check out privileges. If you are interested in limited borrowing privledges, please contact Marquette about their Annual Visitor Pass.
- Anyone can enter the libraries and use materials on site.
- Carroll faculty members may check out materials by applying for a Courtesy Card.
- The Courtesy Card application must be filled out online and approved prior to visiting.
- Carroll faculty should select "Other - All other affiliations" when filling out the form. Enter "Carroll University faculty" in the text box.
- Carroll faculty will need to prove affiliation with Carroll (e.g., provide a link to your faculty profile on the Carroll site).
- Once the application is approved, Carroll faculty can visit the UW-Madison libraries any time it is open.
- Courtesy cards are valid for 12 months.
- When visiting, you will be required to show a valid Wisconsin-issued identification card (e.g., driver's license).
- Medical College of Wisconsin: Private User Borrower Card
- $35 annual fee.
- Allows access to most circulating items.
- In person application at the MCW Libraries.
If you are a current Carroll faculty member, please contact Joe Hardenbrook for assistance in accessing these libraries.