Financial Aid for Graduate Students

We offer resources to help make your graduate studies more affordable. Our financial aid experts are here to work with you on an individual basis and help you navigate through the process along every step of the way as your award is determined. To be eligible for financial aid, you must be degree seeking, enrolled in three or more graduate credit hours each semester and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. 
Flexible payment plan options help you unlock your potential



Apply for Financial Aid in 2 Steps

Step 1: Submit Your FAFSA

Fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.

The federal government usually takes 2–3 days to process the application.

Step 2: What to Look for after You File Your FAFSA

The Financial Aid Office will process your FAFSA and notify you via email and postcard when your financial aid award has been completed.

Log in to your Carroll portal account to view, accept, decline or modify your Financial Aid Award.

Types of Financial Aid available to Graduate Students


At Carroll, outside scholarships do not reduce the amount of gift aid you'll receive from the university.


Hours, Location and Contact Information

Office Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. (Hours subject to change during holiday periods, semester breaks, and summer sessions)
Location: Main Level of Voorhees Hall  |  100 N. East Ave., Waukesha, WI 53186
Email:  |  Phone: 262.524.7296  |  Fax: 262.951.3037

See Carroll For Yourself

Panoramic View of campus