Types of Financial Aid
for Associate Degree Students

Gift Aid

Gift aid (grants/scholarships) for Associate Degree students is based on their financial need as determined by the FAFSA. The most common sources for gift aid are:


Loan programs are available for students and parents. There are two forms of student loans—government-guaranteed loans and private loans that require a co-signer. The government-guaranteed loans are called Subsidized Stafford Loans and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans. Limits are placed on how much students can borrow based on their year in school. These loans are long-term loans with no repayment while the student is in school. Any student who files the FAFSA is eligible to receive this loan regardless of their economic situation. Alternative loans are student loans that typically require a co-signer and are taken out through a bank. Terms vary based on the bank that is used.

Learn more about loans

Start your Pioneer Journey

Panoramic View of campus