Megan Holz, MSN
Clinical Assistant Professor/Clinical Simulation Director
Get Contact Info
TEACHES IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM(S)
Professor Holz has been in the nursing academic setting since 2008 and has been the Simulation Director for the Department of Nursing since 2019. Credentials include Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator. National speaking presentations include topics on implementation multiple high-fidelity simulation experiences in a course, high-stakes simulation use, and using simulation to drive conversations in diversity, equity, and inclusion. Current research projects include the integration and effectiveness of virtual simulation.
- University of Phoenix, Master of Science in Nursing, Education emphasis
- UW-Oshkosh, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Areas of Specialization
Medical-Surgical, Simulation and Practicum Experiences
Scholarly and Professional Achievements
- Conference Podium Presentation: Using Simulation to Drive Conversations in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning Conference, Milwaukee, WI & Building Bridges Nursing Conference – Milwaukee, WI.
- Published Manuscript “Facilitating Multiple Medical Surgical Nursing Practicum Groups During Simulation Laboratory Days” in Nursing Education Perspectives. Co-author with Jamie Hansen.
- Conference Podium Presenter: Successful Use of Simulation for High-Stakes Evaluation in a Medical Surgical Practicum Course– International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning Conference – Virtually recorded presentation
- CCNE Accreditation Report: Collaborating author along with Nursing Department Faculty
- Accepted Manuscript: “Facilitating Multiple Medical Surgical Nursing Practicum Groups During Simulation Laboratory Days” accepted for publication in Nursing Education Perspectives. Co-author with Jamie Hansen.
- Conference Podium Presenter: Facilitating Multiple Medical Surgical Nursing Practicum Groups During Simulation Laboratory Days – International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning Conference – Phoenix, AZ
- Grand Funding: Batterman Foundation award recipient (team collaboration) for $100,000 toward creation of two high-fidelity simulation rooms in Henke Nursing Center.
- Grant Funding (awarded): Faculty Development & Educational Innovations through Carroll University for “Nursing Department Simulation Development.” Awarded $1,897
- Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing course was a participant research site/location for a collaborative research study conducted with Marquette University
- Poster Presentation: “Multiple Patient Simulation Using Video Assisted Debriefing” at Nurse Tim Nuts & Bolts Conference – Minneapolis, MN
- Grant Funding (applied): Sigma Theta Tau International. Co-Investigator
- Grant Funding (applied): HRSA – Nursing Workforce Diversity. Primary Investigator
- Poster Presentation: “Peer Evaluation Using QSEN Competencies in Simulation” at Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) Conference – San Antonio, TX 2014: Poster Presentation: “Prioritization of Multiple Patients: A Progressing Simulation” at Drexel University Nursing Education Conference – Myrtle Beach, SC & Celebrate Carroll
Service to Carroll University and Profession
- Advising: 33-45 Nursing Department Students per Semester
- College of Health Sciences Student Needs, Chair
- Coordinate Basic Life Support (BLS) Nursing Student Certification (RQI OneStop/Laerdal)
- Nursing Department Admissions Committee
- Nursing Department Alumni Event Coordinator
- Nursing Department Curriculum Committee
- Nursing Department Faculty Evaluation Committee, Chair
- Nursing Department Junior Level Leader
- Nursing Department Pinning Ceremony Coordinator
- Nursing Department Simulation Committee, Chair
- University Admissions Committee
- University Budget & Planning Committee
- University Faculty & Staff Concerns Committee
- University Innovations in Technology, Teaching, And Scholarship Committee
- Clinical Faculty Promotion Committee, Chair
- Provost Task Force on defining promotional process