TEACHES IN THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM(S)
School of Business - Adjuncts
David Westrup is an equity shareholder at von Briesen & Roper, s.c., and a member of the firm’s litigation and risk management practice group. He represents national and international manufacturers, banks, insurers and other business enterprises. Westrup has served as a special counsel on U.S law before the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom and High Court of Australia.
- Columbia College, Columbia University A.B.
- University of Michigan Law School J.D. cum laude
Areas of Specialization
- Corporate Restructuring
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Class Actions
- Product Liability and Toxic Torts
Scholarly and Professional Achievements
- Former President, Milwaukee Bar & Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Associations
Service to Carroll University and Profession
- Charter Member of Lawyers for Libraries (supporting Milwaukee Public Library’s mission of advancing knowledge and strengthening Milwaukee neighborhoods)
- Pro bono representation of incarcerated individuals; former pro bono liaison at von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation
- Federal Bar Association Scholarship (University of Michigan Law School)
- Astor Foundation Scholarship (Columbia University)