If you will require an F-1 visa to study in the United States you will be required to submit documents demonstrating you have the financial means to support yourself for a full academic year, including tuition, fees and living expenses. Students who will be at Carroll for less than one academic year will only be required to show proof of finances for the duration of their program.
Acceptable evidence of financial support
- Bank statements indicating required currency amount in liquid asset form (cash deposits, certificates of deposit, savings accounts)
- Investment statements indicating liquid assets
- Scholarship letters
- Governmental funding
Unacceptable financial documents
- Chartered accountant statements
- Payroll reports/expected income
- Tax statements
- Property assessments
- Statements regarding property, jewelry, cars and other non-liquid assets
- Insurance policies
- Other statements of non-liquid assets
Statement of Financial Sponsorship
If full or partial funding is coming from personal sources (for example, family, friends or personal sponsors), each individual who will provide your financial support must complete a Statement of Financial Sponsorship and submit appropriate financial documents.
Financial support from a sponsoring agency, government, or non-Carroll University scholarship
If you will be receiving support from a scholarship agency, you must attach an official scholarship letter which explains the terms and the amounts of the award. Companies should provide a statement indicating that they have the amount currently available.
Proof of funds usually includes bank statements and/or scholarship letters. Organizations and/or companies providing scholarships or paid study leave for you should provide an award letter outlining the details of the award in U.S. dollar amounts. The letter must contain:
- The name of the student being given the award
- The amount of money available for each year of study including the terms of support (i.e., a breakdown of what the award is intended to cover: tuition, fees, living expenses, dependents, etc.)
- The duration of the award (including beginning and ending dates)
- The degree and major field of study for which the award is available
- Confirmation that the award is applicable for study at Carroll University
All documentation should be dated less than 12 months before the time you intend to enroll.