Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences – Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Direct Admission
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) program admits qualified students regardless of race, color, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin or disability that does not interfere with the performance of professional sonography practice as provided by law. Admission and progression standards are subject to change based on regulatory licensing, and/or certification needs.
The DMS program is comprised of four total years of study. Students can enter the DMS program in one of two ways: direct admission (criteria below) or non-direct admission (see catalog for details).
Direct admission entry provides select incoming first-time freshmen matriculating directly out of high school an opportunity to receive a guaranteed seat in the clinical phase of the program, provided progression standards and cohort requirements are met. Students not securing a direct admission seat are welcome to apply as a non-direct admission candidate. Please refer to the Admissions section of the Carroll University Undergraduate Catalog for more details regarding DMS program admission requirements.
High School Requirements
- One year of biology (grades of ‘C’ or higher)
- One year of chemistry or physics (grades of ‘C’ or higher)
- Three years of mathematics (grades of ‘C’ or higher)
- High school weighted GPA of 3.0
- Apply to Carroll University.
- List Health Sciences – Diagnostic Medical Sonography as your first-choice program.
- Select "Yes" that you would like to be considered for Direct Admission.
- Indicate Early Action (EA) or Regular Decision (RD) on your application (see explanations below).
- If accepted for admission to Carroll University, you will receive a Direct Admission application by email.
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Early Action (EA) – Highly Suggested
- Early Action applicants must submit their Direct Admission application by January 15 (Direct Admission applications will be emailed to all accepted Carroll students who indicate an interest in Direct Admission on their Carroll University application for admission).
- To secure a direct admission seat, accepted EA students must submit a $400 deposit by March 1.
- $200 for general admission (refundable through May 1) and $200 DMS program deposit (non-refundable).
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Regular Decision (RD)
- Starting in early March, RD acceptance offers will be made if seats are available.
- To secure a direct admission seat, accepted RD students must submit a $400 deposit by May 1.
- $200 for general admission (refundable through May 1) and $200 DMS program deposit (non-refundable). Candidates offered direct admission after May 1 have 10 business days from the time of acceptance to submit their intent to enroll and $400 deposit.
Accept Your Direct Admission Seat
- Submit your Intent to Enroll at Carroll University form and deposit to confirm your direct admission seat.
- Review and submit the Direct Admission Intent to Enroll in DMS Direct Admission form, which will include Progression Standards, and Safety and Technical Standards.
- Candidates offered direct admission after May 1 have 10 business days from the time of acceptance to submit their Intent to Enroll form and $400 deposit.
EA direct admission applications due.
Deadline for accepted EA students to confirm their direct admission seat. RD offers begin (space permitting).
Deadline for accepted RD students to confirm their direct admission seat.
May – August
Additional direct admission acceptance offers continue (space permitting).
Continued Requirements Upon Acceptance to Program
- 3.0 pre-requisite GPA calculated with the following courses (or their equivalent): ANP130, ANP140, CMP112, CMP114, CHE101, CHE102, CNA course grade, COM207, PHI194 or REL220, PHY101, approved medical terminology course, NRS230, and NRS236.
- 3.0 science GPA calculated with the following courses (or their equivalent): ANP130, ANP140, CHE101, CHE102, NURS236, PSY221, Biology or Microbiology (optional), PSY260 (optional).
- A minimum course grade of ‘C’ is required in all pre-requisite coursework.
- Professional phase courses may only be repeated once. Grades for multiple course attempts will be averaged.
- Additional DMS program requirements are listed in the Admissions section of the Carroll University Undergraduate Catalog.
Please refer to the Carroll University Undergraduate Catalog for more information regarding progression standards for this program.