Clients of the CURE Express clinic receive a detailed medical screening, physical assessments, individualized exercise prescription, one-on-one exercise sessions, and education targeting behavior modification and lifestyle change. CURE is individualized to meet the needs and goals of each participant and includes both pre- and post- physiological and psychological assessments. Program features a focus on motivational techniques and education for lifelong health and fitness.
- Serves: Those suffering with chronic health conditions and/or people wishing to develop a healthy lifestyle. Physician referral recommended prior to exercise
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Jessica M. Brown, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science - Applied Clinical Practice, email@example.com 262-951-3039
- Location: Carroll University Sentry Building | 1111 Sentry Dr. , Waukesha, WI
Start Feeling Better. Fast.
Enroll in a free, 6-week individualized exercise program designed exclusively for those diagnosed with chronic disease or individuals looking to begin an exercise program. You’ll work one-on-one with masters of clinical exercise physiology students during prescriptive exercise sessions designed to enhance physical fitness and emotional well-being. CURE Express aims to assist apparently healthy individuals or those managing chronic disease in successfully adopting an exercise regimen and healthy lifestyle.
- 6-week exercise program
- Sessions at our state-of-the-art College of Health Sciences Clinic
- Personalized to meet your unique medical needs and personal goals
- One-on-one with a Carroll Clinical Exercise Physiology graduate student with 500+ hours of hands-on clinical experience
- Designed for healthy individuals looking to begin an exercise program or individuals with chronic conditions such as heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, COPD/asthma, obesity, etc.
- Offered during either fall or spring academic semesters
- Mondays and Wednesday hour-long sessions at 4, 5 and 6 p.m
- A typical session will focus on cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, balance, core, range of motion and flexibility. A large component of the program will focus on motivational techniques and education for lifelong health and fitness.