Clients of the CURE Chronic Conditions clinic receive a detailed medical screening, physical assessments, individualized exercise prescription, one-on-one exercise sessions, and education targeting behavior modification and lifestyle change. CURE is individualized to meet the needs and goals of each participant and includes both pre- and post- physiological and psychological assessments. Program features a focus on motivational techniques and education for lifelong health and fitness.
- Serves: Those suffering with chronic health conditions and/or people wishing to develop a healthy lifestyle. Physician referral recommended prior to exercise
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Jessica M. Brown, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science - Applied Clinical Practice, email@example.com 262.951.3039
- Location: Carroll University Sentry Building | 1111 Sentry Dr., Waukesha, WI
Get Healthier. Feel Better.
CURE Chronic Conditions is a free, 12-week exercise program designed to help individuals with chronic conditions. You’ll work one-on-one with master of clinical exercise physiology students to develop a personalized program designed to meet your unique needs and fitness goals. The mission of CURE Chronic Conditions is to improve chronic disease- related symptoms, reduce complications, limit disease progression and decrease dependence on medications.
- 12-week exercise program
- Sessions at our state-of-the-art College of Health Sciences Clinic
- Personalized to meet your unique medical needs and personal goals
- One-on-one with a Carroll Clinical Exercise Physiology graduate student with 500+ hours of hands-on clinical experience
- Examples of common conditions we work with include, but are not limited to: heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, COPD/asthma, obesity, etc.
- Offered during either fall or spring academic semesters
- Mondays and Wednesday hour-long sessions at 4, 5 and 6 p.m