Clients of the CURE Cancer Rehabilitation clinic receive a detailed medical screening, physical assessments, individualized exercise prescription, one-on-one exercise sessions, and education targeting behavior modification and lifestyle change. CURE is individualized to meet the needs and goals of each participant and includes both pre- and post- physiological and psychological assessments. Program features a focus on motivational techniques and education for lifelong health and fitness.
- Serves: Cancer survivors. Physician referral recommended prior to exercise
- Cost: Free
- Contact: Jessica M. Brown, Assistant Professor of Exercise Science - Applied Clinical Practice, firstname.lastname@example.org 262-951-3039
- Location: Carroll University Sentry Building | 1111 Sentry Dr. , Waukesha, WI
Continue Your Recovery.
This free, 12-week individualized exercise program, is designed exclusively for diagnosed cancer survivors who are currently undergoing treatment or who have recently completed treatment. The mission of CURE Cancer Rehabilitation is to reduce the side-effects and toxicities during and following cancer and its treatments and to improve overall quality of life.
- 12-week exercise program
- Held at our state-of-the-art College of Health Sciences Clinic
- Personalized exercise sessions to decrease cancer-treatment side effects and to achieve your personal goals
- Designed for physical and emotional well-being
- One-on-one with a Carroll Clinical Exercise Physiology graduate student with 500+ hours of clinical hands-on experience
- Offered during either fall or spring academic semesters
- Monday and Wednesday hour-long sessions at 4, 5, and 6 p.m.