We are pleased to offer this information about our graduates and guests needing accommodations related to a disability, as our goal is to make everyone's visit to campus as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Accommodations Request Form
Please let us know how we can assist you. Eash graduate will receive two guest passes this year. We will need to know if one, or both, of your guests require accessible seating and what type of accommodation they require. You will receive an email confirmation of your guests' seating location at least one week prior to commencement.
Please complete and submit the form below by Monday, April 26, 2021 so that your guest passes reflect a live stream viewing location appropriate for your guests' needs. We may not be able to accommodate last-minute requests.
Buildings Equipped with Elevators
- Shattuck Music Center
- Campus Center
- Hastad Hall
- Campus Center—all three levels
- Hastad Hall - all three levels
- Shattuck Music Center—lower level
- Van Male Field House—inside main entrance (women) or locker room (men). Ask an usher who can assist with directions.
- Voorhees Hall—lower level-west (parking lot) entrance
Accessible Parking (State Handicapped Plates Required)
Voorhees Hall Lot
- For the outdoor ceremony, this is a good place to drop off guests (who require assistance but don't have accessible parking privileges) - it is a very short walk on paved sidewalks to the accessible seating area on Main Lawn.
Lot behind A. Paul Jones Scholars Hall
- Entrances off Wright Street and East Ave.
- Handicap parking spots will be specially designated
Designated Spots in All Other Campus Parking Lots
Some guests may be concerned that they do not have the strength or endurance to wait in line or walk between venues. We strongly suggest the use of a wheelchair.
- Guests may need the assistance of a member of their party to fully utilize some areas.
- Carroll staff and volunteers are not permitted to physically transfer guests to or from wheelchairs, so we recommend a member of the party be available to help.
- Carroll is unable to provide wheelchairs for guests, but a nearby pharmacy rents wheelchairs at very reasonable rates. Contact ValuCare Pharmacy, 501 S. Grand Ave., at 262.544.6622.
- The accessible entrance to Van Male is the large "garage type" door and doorway to the north of the main entrance.
- Building interior signage and elevators feature Braille.
If you have any questions regarding special needs, please email email@example.com.