Master of Education in Educational Leadership
Licensure for Director of Instruction and/or Principal
The Educational Leadership Program builds on Carroll's rich tradition of quality educator preparation by contributing to the number of effective administrators in PK-12 schools. The program contains project-based and performance-based learning opportunities to support candidate knowledge, skills and dispositions for Educational Leadership.
The Master of Education in Educational Leadership program includes the requirements for licensure #10 Director of Instruction and/or #51 Principal. The Educational Leadership Program reflects the Wisconsin Administrator Standards, the Educational Leadership Policy Standards - Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), and the National Policy Board for Educational Administration (NPBEA) Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC).
The Value of a Learning Community Model
The Educational Leadership Program is delivered through a Learning Community. Participants meet together one weekend a month over a twenty month period. Interacting with a group of peers at periodic intervals provides students time and space to examine issues thoughtfully and collaboratively – creating a community of learning that’s self-sustaining. Each cohort is co-facilitated by two instructors who follow the program through its entirety.
Coursework - Master Degree or Licensure Only
The comprehensive coursework in the Educational Leadership program covers a variety of relevant, theoretical and applied topics impacting P-12 education. Students completing the graduate program in Education are required to complete a research project.
The 33-credit program consist of the core courses, electives and required courses:
- Core Courses
- EDU613: Educational Leadership Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- EDU685: Designs of Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
- EDU686: Continuous Improvement in Education (3 credits)
- EDU687: Educational Law (3 credits)
- EDU688: Resource Allocation and Budget Deployment (3 credits)
- EDU667: Instructional Supervision Seminar (2 credits)
- EDU668: School Leadership Practicum I (1 credits)
- EDU669: School Leadership Practicum II (1 credits)
- EDU670: School Leadership Practicum III (2 credits)
- Research Courses*
- EDU607: Introduction to Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU609: Educational Research II (3 credits)
- EDU614: Educational Research III (3 credits)
- EDU616: Educational Research IV (3 credits)
*Required for Master degree-seeking students.
Educational Leadership Cohorts 2015 - 2016 Meeting Dates
|August 22 - 23, 2015|
|October 3 - 4, 2015|
|November 7 - 8, 2015|
|December 5 - 6, 2015|
|January 9 - 10, 2016|
|February 6 - 7, 2016|
|March 5 - 6, 2016|
|April 9 - 10, 2016|
|May 7 - 8, 2016|
Meeting Times: Saturday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sunday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Contact Carroll University for more information about this Graduate Education Program, our Admissions process, or for any other question you may have.