The Library Classroom provides Carroll University students, faculty and staff a facility conducive to academic research and writing. The technology available in the classroom is there to facilitate learning. The Library staff counts on the cooperation of users to help maintain the quality of the classroom environment and equipment.
The Library Classroom is open based on availability. When library sessions are scheduled, the room is closed to the campus community. Please check our online calendar for current weekly schedules.
If you are requesting a library session for a class, please contact the MyLibrarian for your subject area to schedule.
Regular Classroom Hours
Monday - Thursday | 8 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Friday | 8 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Sunday | 10 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
Hours subject to change due to staffing.
Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations must be adhered to when working in the Library Classroom:
Use of the Library Classroom must comply with the ITS Acceptable Use Policy and the Copyright Infringement Policy.
No food or drink is allowed near Carroll University equipment
- If the Library Classroom is not already reserved for library sessions, faculty may request to use the classroom for single class sessions if requiring use of the technology available in the classroom.
- Priority for scheduling use of the Library Classroom will be given to library sessions.
- The Library Classroom may not be reserved as the primary classroom for semester-long courses.
- At no time can the classroom be left unsupervised; instructors are responsible for supervising their students in the classroom at all times during their reserved session.
- No reservations will be accepted during the library's extended hours at the end of each semester due to Final Exams. The Library Classroom will only be available for student studying.
- Instructors can request a demonstration of classroom technology and review of the classroom policy from librarian Meghan Dowell prior to their first time using the classroom.
Faculty can request to reserve the Library Classroom by filling out this Reservation Request Form no more than one week in advance of the desired class time. Please review this policy document before submitting a request to reserve the classroom.
Computer Hardware and Software
- There are 29 laptops in the classroom that are available for student check-out when not in use by library staff. You must have your Carroll ID to check them out and they cannot leave the Library Classroom. See an Information Assistant in the classroom to check out and to return the laptops.
- There are 3 touch screens in the classroom that are available for student use when not being used by library staff. You must have your Carroll ID to check out a keyboard and a mouse to use with the touchscreen. Equipment cannot leave the Library Classroom. See an Information Assistant in the classroom to check out and to return the keyboard and mouse.
- Programs using sound, music, or video may be used in the classroom only with effective headphones. If someone else can hear the sound, you will be asked to turn down the volume. Headphones may be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- If you are working with a partner or in a small group, talk quietly.
- Do not sit on the desks. All classroom furniture must be used appropriately.
- Do not take the paper from the classroom printer for your personal use. The paper provided is used for the classroom printer exclusively.
- Report any problems with equipment or other concerns to the Information Assistant in the classroom.
Please email questions and comments to librarian Meghan Dowell.