Please complete the form below to learn more about the Master of Science in Educational Leadership program and an admission counselor will contact you shortly.
The Value of a Learning Community Model
The educational leadership program is delivered through a learning community. Participants meet together one weekend a month over a twenty month period. Interacting with a group of peers at periodic intervals provides students time and space to examine issues thoughtfully and collaboratively – creating a community of learning that’s self-sustaining. Each cohort is co-facilitated by two instructors who follow the program through its entirety.
Coursework - Master Degree or Licensure Only
The comprehensive coursework in the educational leadership program covers a variety of relevant, theoretical and applied topics impacting P-12 education. Students completing the graduate program in education are required to complete a research project.
The 30-credit program consist of the core courses, electives and required courses:
- Core Courses
- EDU613: Educational Leadership Theory and Practice (3 credits)
- EDU685: Designs of Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
- EDU686: Continuous Improvement in Education (3 credits)
- EDU687: Educational Law (3 credits)
- EDU688: Resource Allocation and Budget Deployment (3 credits)
- EDU667: Instructional Supervision Seminar (2 credits)
- EDU668: School Leadership Practicum I (1 credits)
- EDU669: School Leadership Practicum II (1 credits)
- EDU670: School Leadership Practicum III (2 credits)
- Research Courses*
- EDU607: Introduction to Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU609: Research Seminar I (3 credits)
- EDU616: Research Seminar II (3 credits)
- *Required for Master degree-seeking students.
2020–21 Meeting Dates
Saturday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.; Sunday: 8 a.m.–3 p.m.
- September 12-13, 2020
- October 3-4, 2020
- November 7-8, 2020
- December 5-6, 2020
- February 6-7, 2021
- March 6-7, 2021
- April 10-11, 2021
- May 1-2, 2021
Contact us for more information about this Graduate Education program, our Admission process, or for any other question you may have.