Subject area expertise will be reviewed for relevant undergraduate degree at the time of application. Coursework representing necessary content and a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale OR a passing score on the approved subject assessment* https://www.ets.org/praxis/
- English and Language Arts – Praxis 5038: English Language Arts: Content Knowledge; Score 167
- Mathematics – Praxis 5161: Mathematics: Content Knowledge; Score 160
- Science – Praxis 5435: General Science: Content Knowledge; Score 154
- Social Studies – Praxis 5081: Social Studies: Content Knowledge; Score 153
- Physical Education – Praxis 5091: Physical Education: Content Knowledge; Score 150
- Art – Praxis 5134: Art: Content Knowledge; Score 158
- Spanish – ACTFL (oral and written proficiency assessment); score Intermediate High on both written and oral tests
- Testing Sites: The Praxis Subject Assessment (commonly called Praxis 2) is typically administered in person at various testing sites.
- Cost: $120-$160 (depending on subject area)
- Timing: varies depending on subject area, between 2-3 hours
- Praxis Ongoing Updates
Passing scores on the Praxis II exam must be provided by September 15, if required.
Students must maintain eligibility throughout the program, successfully completing all requirements. Students who do not maintain continuous registration in the MAT program or are refused admission must reapply for admission and will be subject to the requirements in existence at the time of the new application. Reapplication is necessary if students fail to register for two consecutive academic semesters. The Education Department reserves the right to counsel students out of the program when appropriate. Many decisions of the Education faculty are governed by state statutes and are not reversible by this institution.