Conferring of Degrees
The degrees are conferred in the following order:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Master of Science in Educational Leadership
- Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
- Master of Science in Sports Physiology
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
- Master of Software Engineering
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
Graduates receive their diploma covers from the president at the commencement ceremony as their name is read and they walk across the stage.
Diplomas will be mailed to the permanent address on file with the university. You can view your biographical information, including your permanent address, on the registration website. If the address is incorrect, you must notify the Registrar's Office in writing of your correct permanent address.
Graduation Honors are based on the cumulative grade point average and the Carroll GPA, whichever is lower:
- Cum Laude honors | G.P.A. starting at 3.400
- Magna Cum Laude honors | G.P.A. starting at 3.600
- Summa Cum Laude honors | G.P.A. starting at 3.900
To be eligible for graduation honors, a student must have a minimum of 64 letter-graded credits at Carroll. Graduation honors are listed in the university honors section of the Commencement program.
- Members of the Delta Sigma Nu Honor Society will wear a gold cord. DSN cords will be distributed to students when they pick up their guest passes.
- Honors Program graduates will receive a gold tassel and medallion to wear at Commencement. Members of Carroll University's chapter of Phi Kappa Phi can purchase a medallion to wear at Commencement. The Honors Center will contact students to make arrangements for distribution.
- Graduates who are members of an academic program's honor society may receive honor cords or other academic regalia from their respective programs. Academic area chairs will contact students to make arrangements for distribution.
- Beta Beta Beta (Biology) - Red and Green Cord
- Lambda Pi Eta (Communication) - Red and White cord
- Sigma Delta Pi (National Hispanic Collegiate Honor Society) - Red and Gold cord
- Phi Alpha Theta (History) - Red and Light Blue Cord
- Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science) - Cloisonne Medallion on a Red Ribbon
- Psi Chi (Psychology) - Blue/White/Gold Medallion on a Royal Blue and Gold Ribbon
- Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing) - Orchid and White Cord.
- Military Service or Veteran - Red, White and Blue Cord
- "Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges” Honoree - Blue and Yellow Cord
- Four-Year Student Athlete - Orange and Blue Stole
- Founding mentors for the Carroll University Preparing and Advancing Students for Opportunities in Science (PASOS) Program - Royal Blue and White Cord
- Legacy Student - Orange and White Cord (passed out with guest passes)
- Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) Student - Blue and Orange Cord