Carroll University Summer Institute on the Teaching of Reading
Join us again in 2023!
Carroll University’s three-day summer institute equips teachers, specialists, and administrators with the knowledge and skills to effectively integrate structured literacy practices into a new or existing literacy framework. This in-person institute helps districts launch the new school year and support educators with deeper knowledge of scientifically based reading practices.
The institute includes daily large group sessions as well as afternoon small group sessions tailored to individual grade levels, instructional roles, and needs.
- Understanding orthographic mapping and key shifts for word reading instruction
- Phonemic awareness, phonics, and multisyllabic word instruction
- Frameworks for small and whole group learning
- Understanding text types: decodable vs leveled texts
- Assessment practices that move learning forward
- Intervention practices to support reading difficulties
- Comprehension instruction for developing knowledgeable, strategic, and vocabulary rich learners
When: August 14-16, 2023
Where: Carroll University, 100 N. East Ave Waukesha, WI 53186
Who: K-3 Teachers; K-8 Special Education Teachers and Reading Teachers/Specialists/Coaches; Building and District Administrators
Cost: Register early, or as a part of a group, to save!
|School District Rate
Groups of 3+
Through January 31, 2023
For group rates, please contact Katy Coutley.