Purpose of the Staff Development Grant Program
- To give opportunities for Carroll staff to grow professionally in order to improve their overall well being, leading to the improvement of the university as a whole.
- To give Carroll staff access to resources to improve personally.
- To encourage staff connectedness to Carroll University as well as to other colleagues.
- To improve and strengthen student perceptions of staff and the services the students receive.
- To prepare and assist staff members for changing job responsibilities and working conditions.
- To refine communication, writing, computing, and public speaking skills.
Program Eligibility Requirements
Full and part time staff members (not including professional librarians as they can apply under the faculty development grant program) at Carroll are eligible to apply. Grants may be awarded to a specific individual. Projects must be endorsed by the employee's supervisor.
Staff Development Grant Funds
Applications for grant funds should be focused on the development of the staff members. The intent of the grant budget is to fund those items not ordinarily funded through normal office budgets. Examples of such development are:
- Speaker series or workshops
- Conference or training activities (those that are not funded by normal office budgets)
- Team-building exercises
- Partial support for off-campus, job-related certificates