OIE Resources for Faculty and Staff

The Office of International Education offers resources to support the incorporation of global perspectives into teaching and learning on our campus. If you do not find what you are looking for on this page, please contact us at oie@carrollu.edu so that we can help you in your efforts!

Supporting International Students

With the growing number of international students at Carroll, we recognize that faculty and staff are faced with new challenges in the classroom and beyond. OIE is happy to provide resources for faculty and staff who wish to work more effectively with international students, support the inclusion of international students into their classrooms and programs, and to have a better understanding of the cultural and communication barriers our students who are international encounter. Often our international students are happy to share their experiences and customized workshops can be designed and delivered for classes and student groups. Contact oie@carrollu.edu to request more information.

External Resources

Faculty and Staff International Expertise Database

The Office of International Education maintains a database of university faculty and staff with interest and expertise in various foreign languages and cultures. This database is updated annually and can be utilized by members of the campus community seeking research partners and collaborators for programming activities and internationalization initiatives. To add or update a listing contact oie@carrollu.edu.

Professional Development Opportunities

The Office of International Education passes along information for Carroll faculty and staff to engage in international and/or intercultural professional development opportunities. Opportunities include but are not limited to calls for proposals, faculty/staff exchanges, conferences and workshops. See the full list here (portal login required).

International Travel Registration

Faculty and staff traveling for university purposes, including during sabbatical, are required to register their travel using the Travel Registration form on the CCE website. Travelers will be registered for the university's HTH International Travel Insurance. Fees for insurance will be billed to the employee's department. Spouses and dependents traveling with the faculty/staff member for university purposes may be registered for the policy as well, at the employee's expense. International Travel Registration policy does not apply to adjunct faculty. Travel registration policy does not apply faculty and staff traveling on CCEs - please contact the Administrative Assistant for General Education for more information on faculty/staff insurance for international CCE travel.

CCE Coordination—Study Abroad and Faculty-Led

The Office of General Education is responsible for all CCE Coordination including study abroad and faculty-led CCS300 and NCEP CCEs. Additional information is available on the General and Cross Cultural Education (PioCore) Campus Group.

Panoramic View of campus