On-Campus Employment | Current International Students

All degree-seeking international students are eligible to work in a Carroll University on-campus employment position. Students who are studying at Carroll University as an exchange or CU International Semester student are not eligible for on-campus employment.

Academic Year Employment

Number of hours allowed per week while class is in session: 20
Number of hours allowed per week during official university breaks: 29

There are many on-campus employment opportunities available to students who have "Campus Employment" listed as a financial aid type on their financial aid award. To get an on-campus job, complete the Campus Employment Application form which can be found on the student portal. You will be placed in an appropriate position or you can research positions and contact supervisors directly to request to be considered for a job in their departments. You may find the full list of opportunities on the Financial Aid Campus Employment page.

For students who do not have "Campus Employment" on their financial aid award, there are considerably fewer opportunities for on-campus employment. These options include:

Summer Employment

Number of hours allowed per week if enrolled in summer courses: 20
Number of hours allowed per week if not enrolled in summer courses: 29

All degree-seeking international students, undergraduate and graduate, are eligible to work on-campus during the summer. Students are encouraged to reach out to departments directly to inquire if they are looking to hire on summer workers. Examples include ITS, Public Safety, academic departments, and even the Office of Global Education.

Social Security Number

All students working on campus will be required to obtain a Social Security number. Please review our Social Security Numbers page for more information.

More Information

If you have questions about on-campus employment, please contact the Financial Aid Office at finaid@carrollu.edu​ or 262.524.7296.

Panoramic View of campus