F-1 Employment with an International Organization | Current International Students

F-1 International Organization work permission is a type of employment authorization for F-1 students who have been offered an internship with a recognized international organization. Such organizations include the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, the Organization of American States, and others.

To Apply

Students interested in applying for employment with an International Organization should review the Severe Economic Hardship Request Form below and then contact OGE to schedule an appointment to see an advisor.

Carroll University Severe Economic Hardship Request Form can be found through the International Student Support Canvas course.

International Organization Work Authorization Eligibility

To be eligible for an International Organization Work Authorization you must:

Social Security Number

All students receiving an Economic Hardship Work Authorization will be required to obtain a Social Security number. Please review our Social Security Numbers page for more information.

More Information

Contact an OGE advisor for more information.

Panoramic View of campus