Accepted International Undergraduate Student Checklist
If you follow these simple steps you will be ready to join us at Carroll University! Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact your international student advisor.
Step #1: Confirm your attendance
- Pay the $200 deposit at commerce.cashnet.com/carrolluemarket
- Click on "International Confirmation Deposits" on right-hand side
- Click on "International Undergraduate Confirmation Deposit - $200"
Step #2: Receive your Form I-20 and apply for your F-1 student visa
- Read about Getting Your F-1 Student Visa to learn more about what to expect during the visa application process. In order to process your immigration paperwork, send the following to email@example.com:
- Proof of Financial Support
- Copy of the information (biographical) page of your passport (the page that includes your full legal name, photo, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date and passport expiry date).
- Address where immigration documents may be sent. Include phone number and email address of a contact individual who will be available to receive the documents. Your document will require a deliver signature and PO boxes are not permitted.
- STUDENTS WITH A CURRENT I-20: You are eligible to transfer your current I-20 to Carroll University through the end of the 60-day grace period after your "completion date" (the date you complete a course of study or OPT). If you wish to transfer your current SEVIS record and I-20 to Carroll University you must also submit the completed Carroll University Transfer-In form.
- A note on dependents: It is your responsibility to notify the Office of Admission if you intend to bring any dependents (spouse, children) to the United States with you on F-2 status. International Admission will need a copy of each dependent's passport copy. Additional Proof of Financial Support will be required ($5,000 for a spouse and $2,500 per child).
Step #3: Watch for the online registration email
- About a week after you confirm your attendance you will receive an email written by Carroll University's Center for Academic Advising (sent by firstname.lastname@example.org) which contains important information on registering for classes.
- Follow the instructions in this email to register for classes. Take care of this step as soon as possible as courses fill up quickly!
Step #4: Register for on-campus housing
- Review our accommodation information page to learn about housing options at Carroll University. In most cases, incoming international undergraduate students will be required to live on campus.
- Follow the instructions on the on-campus housing page to register for housing. Any questions about specific housing guidelines or processes can be directed to email@example.com.
Sent to you by your international admission counselor:
- Airport Pickup Request Form
- Health History Form
Step #6: Send us your final transcript
- Make sure to request a final official transcript (and graduation certificate, if applicable) to be sent to OGE as soon as they are available, after your final grades are posted. Note: You will not be able to register for a second term of courses until your final transcript has been received.
Step #7: Join the other #FuturePios on Facebook!
Meet other new students who have confirmed their attendance at Carroll University!
New CarrollU International Students
Note: This group is for CONFIRMED international students only.