CU International Semester and Exchange Student Registration
International students who will study at Carroll University for one or two semesters will complete their course registration, with the help of the Office of International Education, through the Center for Academic Advising Services (CAAS).
Here is information on selecting your courses:
Course Offerings and Descriptions
Course offerings are posted by the Office of the Registrar.
- Make sure you have the correct session selected:
- FA = FALL
- SP = SPRING
- S1/S2/S3 = SUMMER I /SUMMER II / SUMMER III
- In most cases, new international students will NOT begin their studies during any of the summer sessions.
- In most cases, new international students will NOT begin their studies during the Winter session.
- Pay attention to when courses are offered.
- M = Monday
- T = Tuesday
- W = Wednesday
- R = Thursday
- F = Friday
- Use the course codes (three letters + three numbers, ex: ACC100, BUS305, ENG170) to find the full course descriptions in the Undergraduate Course Descriptions section of the catalog.
Number of Credits
You must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits and may enroll in a maximum of 18 credits. Most Carroll University courses are 4 credits.
Here are a few things for you to keep in mind when completing your course registration form.
- In general, the earlier you submit your registration form (after confirmation), the better. However, even with early submission, it is not uncommon for students to have some of their course selections filled. Students will be added to waitlists but are required to submit alternate courses to ensure full-time (12 credit) enrollment.
- Be aware that many courses, especially courses in the 200 and 300 level, may require that you have taken pre-requisite courses to receive the appropriate preparation for the course. You may use the Undergraduate Course Descriptions section of the catalog to see which courses have pre-requisites. Any pre-requisites not taken at Carroll University must be approved by the course instructor. OIE will facilitate this approval for all CU International Semester and Exchange students.
- Online courses are listed as WW and hybrid (a mixture of in person and online meetings) are listed as HY. In most cases, international students may only take ONE WW or HY course per semester.
- Some courses require an extra fee for supplies or lessons. These typically range $50-$80. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about the fee for a specific course.