Graduate Student Checklist | Accepted International Students
If you follow these simple steps you will be ready to join us at Carroll University! Do you have any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of International Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step #1: Confirm your attendance
Step #2: Receive your I-20 and apply for your visa
- Read about Getting Your F-1 Student Visa to learn more about what to expect during the visa application process. In order to process your immigration paperwork, send the following to email@example.com:
- Proof of Financial Support
- Copy of the information page of your passport (the page that includes your full legal name, photo, date of birth, passport number, passport issue date and passport expiry date).
- Address where immigration documents may be sent. Include phone number and email address of a contact individual who will be available to receive the documents. Your document will require a deliver signature and PO boxes are not permitted.
- STUDENTS WITH A CURRENT I-20: You are eligible to transfer your current I-20 to Carroll University through the end of the 60-day grace period after your "completion date" (the date you complete a course of study or OPT). If you wish to transfer your current SEVIS record and I-20 to Carroll University you must also submit the completed Carroll University Transfer-In Form.
- A note on dependents: It is your responsibility to notify the Office of International Education if you intend to bring any dependents (spouse, children) to the United States with you on F-2 status. OIE will need a copy of each dependent's passport copy. Additional Proof of Financial Support will be required ($5,000 for a spouse and $2,500 per child).
Step #3: Register for classes
- Graduate registration for the first term is done by email. You will work directly with your our Graduate Admissions Counselor to register for your first term. Please refer to your confirmation email for more details.
Step #4: Explore housing options
- Review OIE's Accommodation page to learn about Housing Options at Carroll University. In most cases, incoming international graduate students will live off-campus but some on-campus opportunities do exist for international graduate students. These housing options are available first-come-first-served. Carroll University does not offer any family housing for students with pouses and/or children.
Step #6: Send us your final transcript
- Make sure to request a final official transcript (and graduation certificate, if applicable) to be sent to OIE as soon as they are available, after your final grades are posted. Note: You will not be able to register for a second term of courses until your final transcript has been received.
Step #7: Join the other #FuturePios on Facebook!
Meet other new students who have confirmed their attendance at Carroll University!
New CarrollU International Students
Note: This group is for CONFIRMED international students only.