As we strive to create a socially just organization, we believe inclusion is a shared celebration of diversity, dignity, and belonging. For our campus community to thrive, inclusion must be thoughtful, intersectional, and proactive. We all belong at Carroll.
We are committed to identifying and employing intentional and systemic strategies to dismantle oppressive structures and biases that continue to marginalize historically underrepresented groups in higher education. We promote justice at Carroll.
We are a community of learners committed to growing and evolving together. We understand that our success depends on how we recognize, embrace, and value the perspectives and traditions of our community and its members—past, present, and future. We value the experiences and expertise of our community at Carroll.
As part of our commitment to social justice:
Authored in 2021 by the President's Task Force on Institutional Inclusion
- We acknowledge the complexity and harmful aspects of our past.
- We honor the diversity, integrity, and social traditions of all people.
- We strive to cultivate a community that affirms our ethos of respect, integrity, and stewardship.
- We commit to maximizing human potential and eliminating barriers to access and equity.
- We resolve to reexamine and reaffirm our commitments to adapt to our diverse and ever-changing society.