MacAllister and Yersin Full-Tuition Scholarship
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021
The MacAllister-Yersin Scholarship is a joint scholarship program providing full tuition to the selected recipients. The MacAllister Scholarship is a scholarship program providing full tuition to three selected recipients. Pershing E. MacAllister, a 1940 graduate of Carroll University, is a longtime and generous supporter of Carroll University. He has served on the board of trustees since 1963 and was the board's chairman from 1977-1994.
The Yersin Scholarship is a scholarship program providing full tuition to one recipient. Adolph and Mary yersin, and their son William ’63, wanted to provide an opportunity for a financially strapped and academically qualified applicant to earn a college degree. The motivation to help someone in the same circumstances they faced prompted the contribution to the scholarship program.
Amount of Scholarship
The recipients of the MacAllister and Yersin Scholarships will receive a full-tuition benefit each year for four years. This benefit, in combination with any state or federal grants the recipient is eligible for, cannot exceed the cost of tuition. The recipients are not eligible for additional Carroll scholarships or grants. Finalists (excluding the recipients) will be awarded a $1,000 per year Excellence Award in addition to the merit scholarship.
Conditions of Eligibility
- The applicant must be a high school senior who has been accepted to Carroll University as a full-time student for fall 2021.
- The recipient of the MacAllister and Yersin Scholarships must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Conditions of Competition
- All application materials must be received on or before Friday, January 15, 2021.
- The applicant must possess an outstanding academic record from high school and show strong potential for the same high achievement at the college level. Extracurricular activities and leadership experiences will also be considered.
- Finalists will be selected by the scholarship committee for a mandatory on-campus interview. Finalists must be in attendance on Saturday, March 6, 2021, to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The recipients will be selected by a Scholarship Selection Committee after careful review of the credentials of all candidates.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 1.800.CARROLL or 262.524.7220, with questions regarding the scholarship.