Yersin Business Scholar Award for Transfer Students
Spring 2023 Application Deadline: January 6th, 2023
Fall 2023 Application Deadline: June 30th, 2023
The Yersin Business Scholar Award is a prestigious award, providing additional scholarship funds to qualified students. Selection for this award is based on demonstrated academic promise in the field of business. The scholarship is endowed by William (Bill) Yersin ’63, an active alum and retired US Air Force Lt. Colonel.
Amount of Scholarship
The recipients of the Yersin Business Scholar Award will receive a scholarship benefit each year for four years. The amount of this scholarship will range from $1,000 - $5,000 each year, based on the applicant’s qualifications. The recipient will be eligible for additional Carroll scholarships or grants.
Conditions of Eligibility
- The applicant must be a transfer or nontraditional student who has been accepted to Carroll University as a full-time student for the spring 2023 or fall 2023 term, with a cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or higher for all previous post-secondary work.
- The applicant must intend to pursue a degree in one of the following approved business majors: accounting, business administration, business economics, finance, health care administration, management and leadership or marketing.
- The recipient of the Yersin Business Scholar Award must maintain a 3.0 GPA in all accredited courses.
- The recipient must actively participate in School of Business activities and/or organizations, as well as other non-business curricular or extra-curricular activities and/or organizations.
Conditions of Competition for Transfer and Nontraditional Applicants
- Application Deadline
- Spring 2023 students - all application materials must be received on or before January 6th, 2023 for a Spring 2023 start at Carroll.
- Fall 2023 students - all application materials must be received on or before June 30th, 2023
- The applicant must possess an outstanding academic record and show strong potential for the same high achievement at the college level. Extracurricular activities and leadership experiences will also be considered.
- Interview Date - scholarship finalists will be selected by the scholarship committee for a mandatory on-campus interview.
- Spring 2023 students - Finalists for Spring 2023 start term must be in attendance for a virtual interview on January 16th or 17th
- Fall 2023 students - Finalists must be in attendance on the interview date in July, to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients will be selected by the Scholarship Selection Committee after careful review of the credentials of all candidates.
Scholarship Opportunities and Benefits
As a recipient of this award, you will have the following opportunities available to you:
- Internships at top companies in the Waukesha and Milwaukee areas.
- Participation in Enactus, a business-focused student organization, among other campus activities and organizations.
- Opportunity to complete your undergraduate degree and a Master of Business Administration in five years.
- Access to well respected and knowledgeable faculty.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 1.800.CARROLL
with questions regarding the scholarship.