Graduate Assistant - Wellness
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Classification: 12 Months-1508 Annual Hours-29 hours per week
The Graduate Assistant, Wellness will assist the Department of Human Resources and Wellness Committee in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide wellness initiatives. Develops programs that create awareness, motivate and provides tools to employees that help them maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle. This is a two year position with the expectation of successful graduation from Carroll University with a Master’s Degree.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
- Develop, coordinate, manage, and maintain total wellness programs to reduce health risk, medical costs and encourage healthy lifestyles.
- Contribute to the implementation and establishment of wellness initiatives.
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of on-campus wellness events.
- Assist with answering employee questions regarding benefits and wellness programs.
- Manage and track monthly billings and payments. Assist with the creation and communications on behalf of the Wellness Committee (meeting minutes, email, portal and flyers).
- Develop and coordinate monthly, quarterly and annual wellness events.
- Assist in drafting employee communications with respect to new benefits or wellness programs in order to provide continuing education.
- Implement wellness related activities. (Examples include: health screenings, lunch and learn seminars, flu-shots, fitness classes, etc.).
- Keep abreast of current national wellness and wellness initiatives and activities, develop a network of resources and contacts to use at DRC as appropriate.
- Explore ideas and opportunities to personalize the progrdseam to increase employee participation.
- Administrative duties such as answering phones, filing, creation of employee and benefits folders, and assembly of benefits packages Audit compliance paperwork in benefits folders (i.e. health and retirement waivers)
- Maintain files, photocopies, completes data entry and manages data within HR/Payroll system.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Previous experience in human resources is preferred
- Previous experience working in higher education is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required; experience with databases is a plus
- Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations surrounding bona-fide wellness program is preferred
- Maintain full time status in an eligible Carroll University graduate program is required (tuition is fully waived for all graduate programs except for Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant)
Human Relations Skills:
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented; strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities; ability to work independently as well as on a team; flexibility
- Customer service experience is strongly preferred
Job Number: #1819-139
Please reference job #1819-139 and submit cover letter, resume and application to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE