Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
When will the RecSports Fitness Center or Pioneer Fitness Center open for use?
- RecSports Fitness Center – open January 25th for normal spring hours
- Pioneer Fitness Center – open January 25th for normal spring hours
Will there be intramurals this year?
We anticipate hosting intramurals with modifications and changes. Contact sports are still TBD, but individual sports, racket sports, or those allowing for distancing will be offered as deemed appropriate.
Will we have to wear a mask?
Face coverings are required as per current Carroll University policy, must cover the nose and should be multi-layered.
What hours will the fitness centers be open?
Over winter break, we are alternating facilities each week and are open Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Once the spring semester starts we will return to full operating hours at both fitness centers.
What precautions are being taken for COVID-19?
- Custodial deep cleaning
- Plexiglass barriers at welcome desks
- Touch-free card access readers added
- Increased distancing, at least every other machine
- Increased cleaning materials available
- Reduced capacity
- Increased signage for guidelines/encouraging best practices
- Dedicated staff policies, following all CDC, university policy
- Encourage users to bring their own water bottle, clean towel and mat
Is outside available?
Yes! It’s encouraged!
Are CORE/outdoor gear/Bike Shop rentals happening? (Cross Country Skis, Snowshoes)
We plan to resume operations, yes.
Can I still bring guests?
Guest day passes are temporarily unavailable.
Is the Carroll Esports Center open?
The Carroll Esports Center is open. Go ePios!