Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
When will the RecSports Fitness Center or Pioneer Fitness Center open for use?
- RecSports Fitness Center tentatively July 6, pending cleaning materials and university approval
- Pioneer Fitness Center – fall 2020
Will there be intramurals this year?
We anticipate hosting intramurals with adaptations and changes. Team sports are TBD, but individual sports, racket sports, or those allowing for distancing may be better options at this time.
Will group fitness be offered this year?
We anticipate hosting group fitness classes in Ganfield with reduced capacity, distancing, less shared equipment and modified checkin procedures.
Will we have to wear a mask?
TBD likely in most occasions.
What hours will the fitness centers be open?
During summer and until further notice, hours may be limited.
What precautions are being taken for COVID-19?
- Custodial deep cleaning
- Plexiglass barriers at welcome desks
- Touch-free card access readers added
- Increased distancing, at least every other machine
- Increased cleaning materials available
- Reduced capacity
- Increased signage for guidelines/encouraging best practices
- Dedicated staff policies, following all CDC, university policy
- Encourage users to bring their own water bottle, clean towel and mat
Is outside available?
Yes! It’s encouraged!
Are CORE/outdoor gear/Bike Shop rentals happening?
We plan to resume operations in the fall.
Can I still bring guests?
Guest day passes are temporarily unavailable. Memberships for spouses/partners are still available; see the RecSports section of the website.
Is the Carroll Esports Center open?
We hope to open the Carroll Esports Center this fall for recreational play and drop-in hours.