Campus Center FAQ | Fall 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
What are the Campus Center’s hours?
The Campus Center building is currently open 10am to 2pm, Monday through Friday. We are closed weekends. These times are subject to change. You can always find current hours on the Campus Center portal page.
A decision regarding Fall semester Campus Center hours will be made later under guidance of senior leadership.
Is the Information Desk open?
Yes, the Information Desk is open the same hours the Campus Center, currently M-F, 10am to 2pm. Our full range of services are available, including package pick up, stamp and envelope sales, Carroll Cash deposits, fax sending/receiving, campus call routing, and more. Summer textbook orders may be picked up here.
I need a Pioneer Card. Can I get one?
Yes. The Pioneer Card Office is open the same hours as the Campus Center, currently M-F, 10am to 2pm.
However, we strongly encourage the Carroll community to use our new Online Photo Submission service. Now you can upload a photo of your choice from your smart device for placement on your new Pioneer Card.
Online Photo Submission – New Students
You will receive an email this summer with instructions on how to take your picture and upload it to the Pioneer Card Office. This email will contain a personalized photo submission link just for you. Once your photo has been accepted/denied, we will notify you via your Carroll University email. Pioneer Cards will be distributed on move-in day.
Online Photo Submission – Current Students/Employees
Email the Pioneer Card Office to request an Online Photo Submission invitation email. In your email, please include: 1) your first and last name, 2) your ID number, 3) if you are a student or employee, and 4) your email address. The invitation email will contain instructions and a personalized link you'll use to upload your photo. Once you are notified that your photo has been accepted, you may pick up your card at the Pioneer Card Office. Replacement cards cost $20.
What physical changes will I see in the Campus Center in response to COVID-19?
- Masks: Face masks are required when inside the Campus Center. If you do not have a face mask, the Information Desk has complimentary masks available. One per person, please. Supplies are limited.
- Plexiglass barriers: See-through barriers are installed at all registers (dining locations, Pioneer Shop, and Information Desk) inside the Campus Center.
- Hand sanitizer/disinfecting wipe stations: Stations are conveniently located throughout the building.
- Wait Here floor stickers: Large blue floor stickers are located throughout the building, indicating safe spots to wait in line for service (dining, Pioneer Shop, Gert’s Information Desk, etc.).
- Elevator: One person per elevator ride is recommended.
- Lounges/Reserved Spaces: Furniture placement will follow social distancing guidelines.
- Stanchions: Set up throughout building to guide traffic flow in waiting areas.
Is there food service in the Campus Center?
The only food service currently open in the Campus Center is Gert’s Grab ‘N Go. Hours are currently 11:30am-1:30pm. Packaged food and convenience items are available for purchase. A microwave is located onsite for your use. Preparations are underway for Fall food service that is safe, socially distant, and delicious! More to follow regarding Fall semester.
Where is Carroll’s Cupboard located?
Carroll’s Cupboard is in the Campus Center’s north entrance vestibule for convenient access 24/7. The shelves are well stocked with nonperishable food and personal care items. Please take what you need, give what you can.
Is the Pioneer Shop open?
Yes, the Pioneer Shop is open the same hours as the Campus Center building, currently M-F, 10am-2pm. Online shopping is available 24/7 at carrollu.bncollege.com. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 262.524.7345.
Is the Student Involvement Center open?
Currently, no. If you need computer or printer access, please visit the Tech Center in the lower level of Hilger. Once the SIC reopens, an announcement will be made.
Military and Veteran Student Services Lounge
The lounge is currently closed. It will reopen at the same time as the Student Involvement Center.
Can groups/organizations place images/messages on the Campus Center digital displays?
Yes. Please send your request to Susan Hornung, Assistant Director of the Campus Center, firstname.lastname@example.org for approval and details.
Will the Campus Center Information Desk be hiring student workers in the Fall?
Yes, we are hiring. If you are interested in working at the Information Desk, please contact Susan Hornung, Assistant Director of the Campus Center, at email@example.com to learn more.
Is the US Bank ATM still available at the Campus Center?
Yes, the US Bank ATM is located in the north entrance vestibule and is available 24/7.
I want to turn my Pioneer Card into a US Bank ATM/debit card. How do I do that?
Three US Bank location are conveniently located nearby. They’re available to answer your questions and help set up your account.
- Sunset Office, 101 E. Sunset Dr., Waukesha, WI – 262.544.5471
- South Walmart Office, 2000 S. West Ave., Waukesha, WI – 262.574.6945
- Silvernail Office, 2040 W. Silvernail Rd., Pewaukee, WI – 262.650.3800