Our goal is to balance the on-campus living experience with the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. To do so, there will be significant changes to housing this year, informed by American College Health Association (ACHA) guidelines and CDC guidelines.
Carroll will reduce density in its traditional residence halls by offering single occupancy only, housing one student per bedroom, based on the number of students sharing restroom facilities and common spaces. Students in traditional halls will be assigned a single room, however, will be charged the double room rate that would be typical of those accommodations.
We will permit standard occupancy, allowing for roommates, in suites and apartments. For residents with roommates, we ask that each person sign a waiver, recognizing this is their choice of living arrangement. Students in suites and apartments will pay the standard room rates as advertised for their room type.
To allow for the reduction in the number of spaces available for on-campus living, we will waive the 3-year residency requirement for the 2020-21 school year (only this year), and deposits will be returned to those students who cancel their on-campus housing application by the priority deadline of July 1, 2020 and have an approved off-campus application.
For housing-related questions, please email the Housing Office at email@example.com.
Charles Street Hall | Kilgour Hall | North and South Bergstrom Halls | Steele and Swarthout Halls
- Single Occupancy (one student/room)
- Shared restroom facilities on each floor
- Per Semester Cost: $2,790 ($5580 academic year)
Shirley Hilger Hall
- Suite Double (two students/bedroom with four roommates/suite sharing one bathroom)
- Per Semester Cost: $3,500 ($7000 academic year)
Frontier Hall | Pioneer Hall | Prairie Hall
- Suite Single (one student/bedroom with up to five roommates/suite sharing two bathrooms)
- Per Semester Cost: $3975 ($7950 academic year)
Carroll Street Apartments | College Avenue Apartments | Hartwell Avenue Apartments
- Single Apartment (one student/bedroom and bathroom)
- Double Apartment (two students/bedroom with two roommates/apartment sharing one bathroom)
- Triple Apartment (Single bedroom for one student and double bedroom for two students with three roommates/apartment sharing one bathroom)
- Per Semester Cost: Single $3,905 ($7810 academic year) | Double $3,550 ($7100 academic year) | Single in Triple $3,755 ($7510 academic year) | Double in Triple $3,415 ($6830 academic year)
Standard King Room | Large King Room | Queen or Double Room | Suite Double Room | Suite with Kitchen
- Standard King Room (one student/room and bathroom)
- Large King Room (two students/room sharing one bathroom)
- Queen or Double Room (two students/room sharing one bathroom)
- Suite Double Room (two students/room sharing one bathroom
- Suite with Kitchen (two students/room sharing one bathroom)
- Per Semester Cost: Standard King $3755 ($7510 academic year) | Large King $3550 ($7100 academic year) | Queen or Double $3500 ($7000 academic year) | Suite Double $3550 ($7100 academic year) | Suite with Kitchen $3905 ($7810 academic year)