Summer 2020 Refund Policy and Refund Schedule | Business Office
Full-time status is determined at the end of the first week of classes on the date indicated in the calendar as the last date to add classes. A full-time student who drops below 12 credits after this date will continue to be billed at a full-time rate unless the student withdraws from the university
Students with federal aid who withdraw from the university will have their Title IV aid recalculated in accordance with guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education derived from the October 7, 1998 Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act. Details of this policy can be found in the Carroll University catalog.
- Full-time or part-time students who withdraw from the university may be eligible for a tuition refund.
- Part-time students who drop courses may be eligible for a tuition refund.
All students adding or dropping a course may do so in writing through the Registrar’s Office. Refunds are based on the date of the postmark of withdrawals sent by mail, on the receipt date of withdrawals faxed, and on the date of delivery of those brought in personally to the Registrar’s Office. If a class is cancelled due to lack of enrollment, students registered for that class will be given a full refund. The refund policy is listed below.
The Last Day to Drop a Class
May 22, 2020
June 24, 2020
August 6, 2020
Session I Withdrawal
- 100% Refund | on or before May 5, 2020
- 75% Refund | on or before May 7, 2020*
- 25% Refund | on or before May 11, 2020*
Session II Withdrawal
- 100% Refund | on or before June 2, 2020
- 75% Refund | on or before June 10, 2020*
- 25% Refund | on or before June 17, 2020*
Session III Withdrawal
- 100% Refund | on or before July 15, 2020
- 75% Refund | on or before July 23, 2020*
- 25% Refund | on or before July 30, 2020*
*designates course must by dropped by 4:30 p.m.
Specially timed courses have the following refund schedule
- 100% Refund | Before the first day of class
- 75% Refund | During the first 25% of the class
- 25% Refund | Anytime after the first 25% of the class through 50% of the class
Students who withdraw from specially timed courses for the summer 2020 session and have Carroll aid and/or aid other than Title IV aid are asked to contact the Financial Aid Office at 262.524.7296 for information regarding the amount of Carroll aid and/or aid other than Title IV aid earned.
To verify the refund date for a particular OCICU course you have registered for, check the section comments of the course for refund details. Each course will follow its own refund schedule.
All refunds will be reduced by an administrative fee (not to exceed $100.00).