Campus Employment | Business Office
Once you have been assigned a specific campus employment position, you will need to complete tax forms with the Carroll University Business Office prior to starting your job. All forms required for campus employment are available in the Business Office.
- If you are under 16 years of age at the time you begin work, you will need a work permit. The Carroll University Business Office can help you compile the information you will need to obtain the permit and can provide directions to a nearby Waukesha business, LaCasa, who will issue the permit.
Employment Eligibility Verification Form
- Complete Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification. This form must be filled out and turned in to the Carroll University Business Office in person. You will need to provide two original forms of identification at the time you submit this form. For a list of "Acceptable Documents" to use as identification, please visit the Department of Homeland Security website.
- If you provide identification from documents listed in column A, you will need to provide only one form of identification. However, if you provide documents from column B or C, you will need one form of identification from each column. Remember, we cannot accept your I-9 if the form is not complete, or if you fail to present unexpired ORIGINAL forms of "Acceptable Documents".
Download Form I-9
Employee Withholding Certificates
- Complete Form W-4 - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. You will need to complete this form so that Carroll University, your employer, can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Please fill out a new W-4 form each calendar year if you choose "exempt" status.
- International students may use Supplemental Form W-4 Instructions for Nonresident Aliens as a guide when completing Form W-4. For more information, visit the IRS website here.
Download Form W-4
- Effective on or after January 1, 2020, every newly-hired employee is required to provide a completed Form WT-4. Form WT-4 will be used by your employer to determine the amount of Wisconsin income tax to be withheld from your paychecks
- If your state of residence is not Wisconsin you will be required to complete a W-4 form from your state of residence as well, since you may be responsible for paying taxes in both your "home state" and your "work state". Please note that Wisconsin has a reciprocal agreement with Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Michigan meaning that you can work in a neighboring state without having to pay taxes there. If you choose to have only your home state taxes deducted, you will need to also complete the Nonresident Employee's Withholding Reciprocity Declaration.
Download Form WI W4 Blank
Download Form IL-W-4
Download Nonresident Employee’s Withholding Reciprocity Declaration W220
Carroll University Student Direct Deposit Signup
Effective July 1, 2020, all payroll wages are required to be paid through direct deposit. You may indicate either a checking or savings account at the bank of your choice.
- It's convenient - no more picking up checks and taking them to the bank
- It's safe - no more lost, destroyed or stolen checks
- It's reliable - your money will be in your account on payday
Download Direct Deposit Form
Questions Regarding Campus Employment
Please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.524.7296.
Questions Relating to Student Pay or Payroll Checks/Direct Deposits
Should be directed to: Vicki Koehn, Payroll Accounting Corodinator at email@example.com or 262.524.7088.