Horizontes en Carroll
Sunday - Friday, July 12 - 17, 2020
In order to qualify for the program, students must:
- Be in grades 9-12 in the 2020-2021 school year
- Be a student in the state of Wisconsin
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Have interest in attending a four-year institution
The deadline for Horizontes en Carroll applications is Friday, May 15, 2020, but students are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible. Students can expect to receive an update about the status of their application by Friday, May 22. 2020. Please direct questions to email@example.com or 262.524.7665.
*Please note that applications with missing or incomplete paperwork will be considered last.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2020
The Horizontes en Carroll application has four parts:
- Essay questions
- Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
- Recent Grade Report
- Online Student Application Form
1. Essay Questions
Please answer all three questions to the best of your ability. Answers must be written in paragraph format. A one-paragraph response per question is sufficient. Upload your answers one this this page (see below) in PDF format only.
- What are you expecting to learn from attending Horizontes en Carroll?
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years, how will attending Horizontes en Carroll help this goal?
- Horizontes en Carroll encourages a growth mindset; please describe what that means to you and how you will work to achieve it during Horizontes en Carroll.
2. Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
Download, print and complete the DPI Scholarship form (including parent signature and signature from school official). Then scan and upload below. You may submit either the English or Spanish version.
3. Recent Grade Report
Submit a copy or screenshot of a recent grade report (report card, online grade report, etc.). This report must include student's cumulative high school GPA and GPA for Fall 2020.
4. Student Application
Complete all parts of the application below and submit by Friday, May 15, 2020.