Horizontes en Carroll
Sunday - Friday, July 7 - 12, 2019
In order to qualify for the program, students must:
- Be in grades 9-12 in the 2019-2020 school year
- Be a student in the state of Wisconsin
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Have interest in attending a four-year institution
The deadline for Horizontes en Carroll applications is Friday, May 10th, 2019, but students are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible. Students can expect to receive an update about the status of their application by Friday, May 17th. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.650.4826.
*Please note that applications with missing or incomplete paperwork will be considered last.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday, May 10, 2019
The Horizontes en Carroll application has four parts:
- Essay questions
- Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
- Recent Grade Report
- Online Student Application Form
1. Essay Questions
Please answer all three questions to the best of your ability. Answers must be written in paragraph format. A one-paragraph response per question is sufficient. Upload your answers one this this page (see below) in PDF format only.
- Why do you want to attend Horizontes en Carroll, and what do you hope to gain?
- What are your goals for after high school graduation, and what has inspired you to choose these goals?
- Attending Horizontes en Carroll means you will have to stretch outside of your comfort zone and expand your horizons. Describe a time in the past that you have tried something new and explain what you learned from this experience.
2. Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
Download, print and complete the DPI Scholarship form (including parent signature and signature from school official). Then scan and upload below. You may submit either the English or Spanish version.
3. Recent Grade Report
Submit a copy or screenshot of a recent grade report (report card, online grade report, etc.). This report must include student's cumulative high school GPA and GPA for Fall 2019.
4. Student Application
Complete all parts of the application below and submit by Friday, May 10th, 2019.