CU Rising Scholars Program
Sunday - Friday, July 9 - 14, 2023
In order to qualify for the program, students must:
- Be in grades 9-12 in the 2023-2024 school year
- Be a student in the state of Wisconsin
- Qualify for free or reduced lunch
- Have interest in attending a four-year institution
The deadline for CU Rising Scholars applications is Friday, June 31st, 2023, but students are encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible. Students can expect to receive an update about the status of their application shortly after their application is submitted. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 262.524.7665.
*Please note that applications with missing or incomplete paperwork will be considered last.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: Friday, June 31, 2023
The CU Rising Scholars Program application has four parts:
- Essay questions
- Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
- Recent Grade Report
- Online Student Application Form
1. Essay Questions
Please answer all three questions to the best of your ability. Answers must be written in paragraph format. A one-paragraph response per question is sufficient. Upload your answers in PDF format only.
- What are you expecting to learn from attending CU Rising Scholars?
- What do you see yourself doing in 5 years, how will attending CU Rising Scholars help this goal?
- CU Rising Scholars encourages a growth mindset; Please describe what that means to you and how you will work to achieve it during CU Rising Scholars.
2. Department of Public Instruction Summer Scholarship Application Form
Download, print and complete the DPI Scholarship form (including parent signature and signature from school official). You may submit either the English or Spanish version.
3. Recent Grade Report
Submit a copy or screenshot of a recent grade report (report card, online grade report, etc.). This report must include students’ cumulative high school GPA and GPA for 2023.
4. Student Application
Complete ALL parts of the application and submit it by Friday, June 31st, 2023.