International Exchange Students

Exchange students come to Carroll University as part of a reciprocal exchange agreement Carroll maintains with several partner universities. Exchange students must be nominated by their home universities to attend Carroll for one or two semesters. If your institution is listed on our Exchange Partners page please contact the international programs coordinator at your home institution to inquire about study at Carroll University.


Nominations for incoming exchange students must come from the international programs coordinator at the home institution. Nominations should include the term(s) of study for which the student wishes to attend Carroll University and a copy of the student's passport.


After receiving approval from your institution, students should complete the Exchange Student Application Form. This form must be sent from the home school's international programs coordinator. All application materials may be submitted electronically.

Exchange Student Application Form

Your application will also require the following:

Official Transcripts

English translations of official transcripts for all post-secondary work must be provided. Electronic copies are sufficient as long as they are sent directly from the International Programs coordinator at the home institution. To determine pre-requisites, it is suggested that a listing of courses in progress that includes course names, course numbers and numbers of credit hours also be submitted.

Proof of English Proficiency

All international applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.

Incoming Exchange Students Only: A letter confirming the student's English competency equal to a TOEFL score of 70, provided by an English instructor at the home school of a current exchange partner.

Proof of Financial Support

Proof of financial support is required for the I-20 document to be issued for the F-1 student visa appointment. Applications from incoming exchange students will not be reviewed until sufficient financial documentation has been received.

Please refer to Exchange Student Cost of Attendance information to estimate the amount of financial support you will need to provide.

Additional Required Documents

Along with your completed application, please fill out the following forms to be sent by your exchange coordinator:

Submitting Materials

Application materials should be submitted to the Office of International Education. Materials may be submitted electronically or in hard copy but must be sent directly from the home institution.

Office of International Admission
Carroll University, Voorhees Hall
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186 U.S.A.

The Future isWithin Reach

Panoramic View of campus