Dual Enrollment Program

Attend college while you're still in high school? You can at Carroll. Our Dual Enrollment Program allows high school juniors and seniors to take select college courses while still in high school. In most cases, the approved courses count towards both your high school graduation requirements and college credit. It's a great way to get an early start on your college education and gain access to the greater learning opportunities at Carroll.


Courses can be completed through the Wisconsin Youth Options Program, the Wisconsin Course Options Program or with special approval from Carroll University as a secondary school student. If you successfully complete your high school graduation requirements, you'll earn a high school diploma regardless of whether the requirements were met while attending a high school or college.

Youth Options Program

Wisconsin's Youth Options program allows public high school juniors and seniors who meet certain requirements to take postsecondary courses at Carroll University.

Course Options Program

Wisconsin's Course Options law allows a pupil enrolled in a public school district to take up to two courses at any time from an educational institution.

Special Approval

Students who are enrolled in private high school, or those who are home-schooled may apply to Carroll University as a dual enrollment student.

About the Dual Enrollment Program

Dual enrollment students may seek approval to take college courses in a variety of areas, as long as they have administrative approval and meet any prerequisites. Most students in this program are eligible to enroll in 100 or 200 level college courses; however, students are encouraged to reference Carroll University's catalog descriptions and prerequisites. Timetables for the upcoming semester may not be available prior to submission of paperwork. Therefore, students may want to contact Linda Sklander, director of admission at sklander@carrollu.edu for course recommendations.

In some cases, students may be required to complete a placement exam. Some coursework may require referral to the academic department for a recommendation and approval of advanced courses. Advanced international language courses require a language placement exam.

Preparing for the Journey

Potential Courses

Application Checklist



Learn more aboutDual Enrollment