Admission Process | M.S. in Sport Physiology and Performance Coaching
Admission to the Carroll University Master of Science in Sport Physiology and Performance Coaching requires a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and satisfactory completion of prerequisite coursework. The program considers all qualified applicants without discrimination regardless of race, color, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, or handicap that does not interfere with the performance of professional sport and performance coaching as provided by law. Applicants are considered on a case by case basis throughout the academic year.
Each cohort commences in the summer semester; however, special part-time enrollment may be considered based on circumstances.
Required Application Materials
- Carroll University Graduate Studies Online Application
- Carroll University Supplemental Application Packet, which includes the following:
- Reference list
- Experiences document or professional resume outlining related experiences
- Safety and Technical Standards form
- Official postsecondary transcripts
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation.
- Cumulative and prerequisite GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale) is recommended to be considered for admission.
- Prerequisite courses should be completed within seven years of application. Candidates with coursework older than seven years should have relevant experience in the field to be considered. Pre-professional courses are indicated below with an asterisk.
- Proof of current CPR and first-aid certification for the professional rescuer is required prior to commencing the program.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) credential. If not certified, individuals will be required to become certified during the first term of the program.
- Prerequisite coursework - courses must be completed with grades of 'C' or better.
- One semester of anatomy with a lab
- One semester of physiology with a lab, or combined anatomy and physiology I and II with a lab*
- One semester of exercise physiology*
Note: International students may have additional admission requirements.
Please submit application materials to the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org mail to the address below.
Office of Admission
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Dave Buehler, graduate admission counselor, at email@example.com or 262.524.7359.