Admission Process | Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, continuously throughout the year. Each cohort begins in the fall semester.
Applicants are eligible to apply in one of two ways:
- Previous degree applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Carroll University undergraduate exercise science majors who qualify for the accelerated 3+2 completion option (three years of undergraduate study and two years of graduate study).
Required Application Materials
- Carroll University Graduate Studies Application
- Carroll University MEXP Program Supplemental Application Packet, which includes the following:
- Three MEXP letter of reference forms
- MEXP Essay form
- MEXP Experiences Document (A professional résumé may be submitted, although Carroll forms are preferred)
- Safety and Technical Standards form
- Official post-secondary transcripts
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation or current Carroll student majoring in exercise science and considering 3+2 completion plan
- Cumulative and Pre-professional GPA of 2.75 (on a 4 scale) is recommended to be considered for admission
- Pre-professional courses should typically be completed within the past seven years from the time of application with grades of 'C' or better. Candidates with course work older than 7 years should have relevant experience within the field to be considered. Pre-professional courses are indicated below with an asterisk.
- Proof of current CPR and First Aid certification for the professional rescuer is required prior to commencing the program
- Successful completion of all college-level prerequisite course work:
- One semester statistics
- One semester of psychology
- One semester of anatomy with lab or combined anatomy and physiology with lab*
- One semester of physiology with lab or combined anatomy and physiology with lab*
- One semester of exercise physiology*
- One semester of exercise testing and prescription is suggested, but not required*
- Course equivalency or related content in exercise testing and exercise programming, strength and conditioning, personal training or wellness coaching will be considered.
Note: International students may have additional admission requirements.
Please submit application materials and credentials for admission to the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org. Official documents must be mailed to:
Office of Admission
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
For more information contact Graduate Admission:
Dave Buehler, graduate admission counselor at email@example.com or 262.524.7359.