Admission Process | Master of Science in Exercise Physiology
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, continuously throughout the year. Each cohort begins in the fall semester.
Candidates are welcome to schedule an individual meeting with admission to discuss any questions about the program or application process at dbuehler.youcanbook.me.
Applicants are eligible to apply in one of two ways:
Path 1: Prior Degree
Previous degree applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
Path 2: 3+2 Accelerated Completion Option
Carroll University undergraduate exercise science students may qualify for the accelerated 3+2 completion option (three years of undergraduate study and two years of graduate study) if they satisfy all the MEXP application requirements at the end of their junior year of undergraduate study in order to advance into year one of the graduate MEXP program in their senior year.
Required Application Materials
- Carroll University Graduate Studies Application (Applying to Carroll is FREE!)
- MEXP Personal Statement
- Professional Resume
- MEXP Reference List
- MEXP Safety and Technical Standards
- Official post-secondary transcripts from all institutions attended
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation or current Carroll student majoring in exercise science and considering 3+2 completion plan
- Cumulative and Pre-professional GPA of 2.75 (on a 4 scale) is recommended to be considered for admission
- Pre-professional courses should typically be completed within the past seven years from the time of application with grades of 'C' or better. Candidates with course work older than 7 years should have relevant experience within the field to be considered. Pre-professional courses are indicated below with an asterisk.
- Proof of current CPR and First Aid certification for the professional rescuer is required prior to commencing the program
- Successful completion of all college-level prerequisite course work:
- One semester statistics
- One semester of psychology
- One semester of anatomy with lab or combined anatomy and physiology with lab*
- One semester of physiology with lab or combined anatomy and physiology with lab*
- One semester of exercise physiology*
- One semester of exercise testing and prescription is suggested, but not required*
- Course equivalency or related content in exercise testing and exercise programming, strength and conditioning, personal training or wellness coaching will be considered.
Note: International students may have additional admission requirements.
Please submit application materials and credentials for admission to the Office of Admission using the links above. Official transcripts must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Office of Admission
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
For more information contact Graduate Admission:
Dave Buehler, graduate admission counselor at email@example.com or 262.524.7359.