Application Requirements | Master of Science of Athletic Training
Minimum Requirements for All Applicants
- A cumulative and prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher is recommended for admission
- Students entering the MSAT program through the 3+2 Direct Admission process are guaranteed transition to the MSAT professional program if they earn both a 3.0 cumulative and a 3.0 prerequisite GPA and complete all enrollment criteria noted below.
- Students with a cumulative and pre-professional GPA of 2.75-2.99 will be considered for admission
- Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs (Carroll ANP130/140)
- Chemistry I and II with labs (Carroll CHE101/102 or CHE109/110)
- General Physics I and II with labs (Carroll PHY101/102 or PHY203/204)
- Introductory Psychology (Carroll PSY101)
Letter grades of “C” or better are required in all prerequisite courses.
All prerequisite requirements must be fulfilled prior to beginning coursework in the MSAT. All pre-professional coursework must have been completed within the past 7 years.
Current Carroll students and alumni may submit application materials electronically as outlined below. Prior degree candidates from institutions other than Carroll must apply through ATCAS.
- Official transcript(s) – Carroll transcripts will be secured by the Admission Office
- Carroll University graduate application
- Professional resume must include:
- Employment history
- College activities
- Community service
- Academic honors
- Statement of purpose
- Why you are choosing to pursue a career in athletic training.
- Optional – 25 hours of Athletic Training observation with a licensed/certified athletic trainer completed within 2 years of application submission. Appropriate documentation may be provided (see Clinical Experience Hours Documentation form).
- Two letters of recommendation (does not apply to Direct Admission Applicants)
Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis until the fall term begins.