English as a Second Language License
Answer the pressing call for ESL teachers in K-12 education
This five-course, 15-credit program offers teachers preparation for and a license to meet the high demand for ESL educators in K-12 schools.
The program is delivered in a hybrid, cohort model. Candidates will meet face-to-face 12 hours per month and engage in online learning experiences and participate in practicum experiences throughout the program. Students may complete the program as a stand-alone or combine it with another certificate/license program for an M.Ed.
- EDU565: Multilingualism in Education
- EDU566: Linguistic Fundamentals for K-12 Learning and Assessment
- EDU567: Methods and Materials for Teaching Emergent Bilingual Students
- EDU568: Multiple Literacies and Linguistic Diversity
- EDU569: Multilingual Community-Based Leadership
Fridays, 5-9 p.m. | Saturdays 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- September 3-4, 2021
- October 1-2, 2021
- November 5-6, 2021
- December 3-4, 2021
- February 4-5, 2022
- March 4-5, 2022
- April 1-2, 2022
- April 29-30, 2022
- May 13-14, 2022
- June 17-18, 2022