Admission Process | MSN—Direct Entry
Applications and credentials for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing—Direct Entry program must be submitted for processing to the Carroll University Office of Admission. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and as decisions are made on applications, applicants are notified through the Office of Admission.
Interested in the Master of Science Nursing- Direct Entry Program?
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in any degree other than nursing
- UG -GPA 3.0 or higher
- Consideration will be given to students with UG-GPAs less than 3.0 who demonstrate academic achievement of 3.0 or higher with pre-requisite courses.
Must be completed within 7 years of matriculation with grade earned of a C or better.
It is advised that no more than two prerequisite course be pending at the time of application.
- 6-8 credits of human anatomy and physiology with a lab (2 courses of 3 to 4 credits)
- 3-4 credits of chemistry with a lab (1 course of 3 to 4 credits)
- 3-4 credits of microbiology with a lab (1 course of 3 to 4 credits)
- 3-4 credits of lifespan or developmental psychology (1 course of 3-4 credits)
- 3-4 credit statistics course (1 course of 3-4 credits)
Applicants must comply with all admission requirements listed above. Selection decisions will be based on submission and evaluation of:
Application materials can be uploaded to the student portal at apply.carrollu.edu/status
- Complete the free Graduate Studies Application
- All official post-secondary transcripts, including both graduate and undergraduate course work
- Two letters of reference (work supervisors, professional colleagues, faculty)
- Statement of purpose defining goals/objectives for the pursuit of graduate studies
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- MSN Technical and Progression Standards
Please submit official transcripts to the office of admission at email@example.com or by mail.
Office of Admission
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
For questions regarding the application process contact:
Graduate Admission Counselor